Friday, July 22, 2011

Panic time

Well, panic is setting in all around. I'm trying to wrap up a major project at work, haven't' been able to run in weeks, and Lauren is due soon. I finally found a great PT who is a runner, and he seems to have identified my issues. I also got a new pair of training shoes, and racing shoes (k-swiss kwickie blade lite).

I got lazy with my form, stretching and antagonist muscle strengthening. This is usually the root of most injuries, but I caught mine early enough. I did two miles today on the treadmill with no issues. I'm gonna try to do a longish run on Sunday to see how it holds up and go from there.

I've been biking almost every day, and am seeing huge gains. I'll continue this when my running kicks back up, building a better base for the race. I'm gonna do a fake half in August, and re-evaluate from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment