Thursday, September 8, 2011

Taper Time

Well, it's time to start the taper.  This may be the last post before the big race.  Saturday, I tried to ride but the quad would have none of it.  On a whim, I decided to throw some KT tape on to see if the quad was a strain/tear.

Well, that seemed to do it.  I took Sunday off and Monday did a great 18 mile run.  Half was on the treadmill, then I got fed up with the humidity and decided to run in the rain...except it didn't rain.  I was able to keep a 7:45 pace for outside, taking it pretty easy.  The last three miles are tough because it was uphill, but I was feeling better.

My running is back to normal (somewhat).  I think I'm just burned out on the bike.  I still can't sustain high wattages, but that's fine.  I'm not going to be pushing hard for the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment