Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I wanna be like Rapp

In the 90's everyone wanted to be like Michael Jordan, aka Mike. For me, I wanna be like Jordan Rapp.

Everyone in triathlon knows his story.   He's lucky to be a live, lucky to be walking, lucky to be racing, lucky to have his family. While I wish my recovery was as fast as his, our paths are very similar. He's been a great inspiration, and this is why I wanna be like Rapp.

RappMe
3/24/10

Crazy freak accident, he hit a car head that pulled out. Amazing to be alive.
10/24/06
Crazy freak accident, total double malfunction skydiving. Amazing to be alive.

Long road to recovery. Fractured scapula and clavicle, lost a few liters of blood and spent days in the ICU Long road to recovery. Fractured neck, back and femur (that went undiagnosed for years).




Quentin Rapp - 6/21/11

Isaac Maffett 8/3/11 (pound it)


1st at IM Canada (1 year 5 months after his accident)

My 1st IM will be Chesapekeman - 9/24/11 (4 years 10 months after my accident)










No comments:

Post a Comment