Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Week 7

So I'm in week 7 of my training.  Effort wise, I'm at where I was in June (minus some speed work) of last year.  My body is feeling good, but it's taking a toll.  Today was one of those days I just wanted to sleep all day and do nothing.  I did a 30 minute trainer ride...all I could muster up.


When I started training, I was hoping to be doing 3/6/9 miles now for running, have a 2.5-3 hr ride under my belt, and be around a 3.2-3.3 CP30/FTP.  I'm waiting until March/April to do some real tests outside.  My bike setup is drastically different from my last race at Timberman.  I've gotten a better fit, went with compact cranks, and 165mm crank lengths.  I've got an issue with my biceps femoris/fibular head in my right knee that causes extreme pain when I exert force past under 120 degrees of flexion.  I can not do heavy squats because of this.  I'm now focusing on a higher cadance, but always did.

I'm hoping to step it up on swimming.  So far, my workouts have gone well.  I'm doing 2-2.4k sets now, which was easy to build up.  I attribute this to my climbing backround, and having the core/back strength.

I did a 3 mile run with Anne (dog), which had us at a 6:50 pace...but she was tired on the last mile.  Other than that, I've been recovering well and enjoying the runs, just need to keep up with the recovery runs.

Biking has been odd.  Some days are good, others are bad.  I just need to get out and do a few TT's to gauge my progress and go from there.  The weather is getting MUCH better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment