Thursday, February 24, 2011

Training, gear, etc

I've hit a plateu in my bike training.  I'm waiting for the weather to get better so I can get some rides outside.  Looking to do a 3 hr bike ride Saturday on the computrainer.  Not going for speed, just to get the distance in.  I'm really happy with my running though.

I'm hoping my swimming takes off this year, with big help with my new Xterra Vortex 3 wetsuit.  I'm proud to be a part of Xterra for 2011.  There is a poll on slowtwitch.com now asking "what your next wetsuit will be".  It's no surprise Xterra is #1 right now.  Their suits are top notch, and priced more competitive than others.

There is a big debate on slowtwitch about sponsorship.  The pro's want more money, some "c" level athletes ask for the whole world, and a lot of triathletes are saying "I don't care who/what a pro uses".  I think too many companies waste money on pro's.  I don't buy something b/c Chris Lieto or Andy Potts uses it.  The reason I was interested in Xterra was my dad purchased a vortex 3 himself and loved it.

Xterra shows amazing grass roots support.  They sponsor the average joe, along with Triathlon clubs.  Too many companies are overlooking this demographic, which is MUCH larger then what they target now.

No comments:

Post a Comment