Sunday, March 13, 2011

CP (FTP) test and first race of the season

Friday I did another CP (FTP) test, following the computrainer PIG program.  I did 20 minutes, but went out too hard at the start.  Finished 7.5% higher than my last test, but it was rough.  Great to see progress though.  The next 10 weeks are going to be brutal, but will lay a great foundation.

Lauren and I went to Scranton for the St. Patrick's day parade.  We both did the 2 mile fun run before hand.  The weather was cool, but nice.  I didn't bring shorts, so I ran in baggy pants...almost a huge mistake.  Lauren finished around 20:30 and felt great.  I came in at 11:15, but my lungs were killing me.  I have done 0 speedwork, so it was tough.  My legs felt great though, hoping I have the foundation to break 18 at the race against racism.

I'm happy with how the first race went.  I won my AG, and placed around 6th or 7th overall.  The top guys were college students (and one high schooler) on the cross country team, so not too shabby for a triathlete.

On a side note, I broke and fixed my treadmill.  Learning a lot about how they work, but so far I've replaced the deck ($30 fix), the power switch/breaker ($40 with shipping).  This time, the belt on the motor got loose, so it was slipping.  After reading up online, I found some instructions and made the adjustment late Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment