Thursday, March 31, 2011

over training

People have been asking me a lot lately how to tell if I've been over training.  For me, there are a few big standouts.
  1. Overuse injury - any kind of tendonitis, etc
  2. I wake up and do not want to do the workout
  3. I have no motivation to do workouts PERIOD
I've got my first sprint next weekend, and motivation is kind of low right now.  Last weekend, I  bailed on the long ride and instead got furniture and put the nursery together.  It took 8.5 hours to put everything together...and I was exhausted.

I woke up Sunday and debated doing the run, but I figured it'd give me the best simulation I've had so far of being tired.  I did my 9 miles at a 7:53 pace, but it was rough.  My legs were tired, and felt worse when I stopped.

Tuesday, my right ankle started bothering me.  I tweaked it last week on a ride and decided to take some time off.  I'm going to focus on swimming and see how running/biking goes the next two days.  With my goal of Chesapeakman, I'm really backing off at the first signs of an injury, something I've never done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment