Friday, June 24, 2011

Taking it in stride

I've got a 70.3 this weekend in Morgantown, WV. I was kinda psyched for the race a few months ago, but now am just viewing it as a good training day. I wanted to do a 70+ mile ride last Saturday, but seven miles in I slashed my rear tire and messed up my rim. Lauren picked me up, then I went home and did a solid 2 hr effort on the CT/eagleman course with a brick 1 mile run after (6:40 pace).

I had no motivation this week, so I just took it easy. My body is ready for the rest after the race, I seem to do well taking some time off during training. Last year, I had about 8 days off with my trip to the UK, and came back with a solid final month of training.

The course for Morgantown has changed again. There is now over 3,200 feet of climbing...it will be killer but good. If I can even get under 5:10, I'll be psyched. I'm excited to see how my run turns out. I did a 7.8 mile tempo run through killer hills last Sunday at a 7 minute mile pace and felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment