Sunday, May 1, 2011

another month down

April finished up pretty good. I had a solid two weeks of training with a lot of bike and running progress. After the race, I went out to Seattle to help present at the mobile app hackathon. I lost a weekend of training, but it was great to relax.

I did a bunch of rides on the computrainer, a few solid swims, and some decent running. I did a 10.5 and 10 mile run the last two weeks, which felt great. I also did a tempo run that was 3 mile w/u, then 3.2 at a 6:40 pace. I did 15 x 100's on 1:35 (scy) and felt pretty good.

Yesterday I did the Race against Racism and set a PR in the 5k. 17:43 for a 5:43 pace. First mile was around 5:25, second was 5:45, I hit the 2 mile mark at 11:10. Last year, I was 11:15, but fading quick. I held strong and finished 16th overall, and 3rd in my AG.

Today, I did a solid 66 mile ride with some friends. We kept an 18 mph pace, and it fell good. I flatted coming out of a downhill, which was scary, but I was fine. The computrainer feels MUCH worse, so I'm hoping to do 3-4 hr rides on those and build up.

Feeling great how April finished up. I only have a 5k at the end of May, so this will be another building block. I'm gonna keep building up my base mileage in all three sports, with a mini-peak in June for the pinchot sprint and morgantown half.

No comments:

Post a Comment