Monday, May 30, 2011

May day...may day

May was an interesting month. I had a great 60+ mile ride the first weekend after setting a 5k PR. I did some good computrainer rides, but then hit a lul....overtraining 101.

I had take three days off, which was great. The next day, my dad and I did a 65 mile ride that included swamp church road. This is the steepest paved road in Lancaster...and it's tough. Would be fun to do some repeats on, but it as halfway on the ride.

That started the "perfect" week for training...I've never had a week where I hit just about all workouts, but this week was it. I nailed a long bike, intervals, and FTP session. For running, I did a long run (11 miles), recovery runs, a moderate run (7.2) and then set a PR in the 5k at 17:10 and took second overall at the race.

I'm feeling better. This weekend is the Pinchot sprint, which was my first race three years ago. I'm hoping to turn in a solid performance, not overdoing it on the bike and finally linking a solid run. After that, it's 2.5 weeks of hard training, then the Mountaineer half in WV. After that, it's crunch time to get the long rides/runs in for Chesapeakeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment