Friday, May 20, 2011

race season starting soon

I'm not doing too many races this year, but two of the three are coming up soon. Looks like my Uncle Greg, who got my dad and I into triathlons, will be joining us for Pinchot in June. I'm excited to see how this race goes, as it will be the first race in my new Xterra Vortex 3 and Kiwami Konami trisuit.

This was the first race I did in 2008, and am hoping to have a great showing. I skipped this race last year, but my buddy Chandler threw down a sub 1:30, which I'm hoping to come in around 1:25-1:30. My swim has been decent, and my bike has been great...running is just up in the air. My open times are great, but I haven't been able to link them in sprints.

I hit a dead end recently with my training...over training is more like it. I'm doing a little recovery now and trying to not dig myself into a deeper whole. We've got the baby shower in a week, then a 5k, then pinchot. Feeling great about my fitness though.

No comments:

Post a Comment