Wednesday, May 11, 2011

plateau's and gains

I had a few weeks in April where I didn't think my performances were at what I expected. My CT intervals were getting tougher at the same wattage along with the tempo rides.

It looks like I just needed some time off May has been great for training. I needed a few days off after the race against racism, due to a knee problem. That week was pretty easy, but I did a great 2:30 ride on the CT, and my watts were about what they were for hard efforts in January. I did a 5 brick after, which was rough due to side stitches, but I learned how to breathe properly to help them.

I've got a long CT ride planned for Saturday, with a brick run after. Sunday will be a good tempo. Next weekend will be a long ride outside, with maybe an olympic pseudo race Sunday.

I'm happy with my progress and staying healthy. It's nice to be able to step back and not get focused on one or two races.

No comments:

Post a Comment