Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hitting my stride.

Training for Florida went well.  I had prepped enough and hoped to break six hours.  The non-wetsuit swim was rough, I pulled my hamstring on the bike, and my ITBS flared up on the run.  It was a disaster that I would pay for the rest of the year.

Two weeks after, I won my AG at a local sprint, but had to hobble through the run.  I decided to end my race season and try to fix my knee.  My biceps femoris was extremely tight, and caused pain in the head of my fibula.  It would take another year to heal and diagnose.  Our wedding was that summer, with a great honeymoon in St. Lucia.  A great friend of ours got us entries to a local half marathon as a wedding present.  Disaster number two of the year.  My ITBS was killing my training, and I made it six miles before I had to walk.

I ended another season on the injured list.  Another season of losing a lot of my fitness. I couldn't ride or run from October until January.  My ITBS got better, but my biceps femoris was still causing problems.  It wasn't until February that I was able to do more than 10 minutes on the bike.  We had registered for Timberman 70.3 and the Columbia Triathlon at the end of 2009, so I needed to get in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment