Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My road to Chesapeakeman

My story is not well known.  I made the front page of the local newspaper and did an interview for the local fox station.  I had national news groups calling to do interviews, but there was one small problem.  I wouldn't release footage of me hitting the ground.  Why not?  Well, for one, I didn't think it was needed, and two it didn't exist.  No one knew I was in the mess, and our camera man was tracking down gear to recover.  When I spoke to the national media, they said "Our viewers will not be able to understand the story without seeing you hit the ground".  That ended it for me.

Kona is a triathletes dream.  We all know the special interest stories they do.  I was confident I could get a slot from NBC to celebrate my five years.  I wish I could have been like Jordan Rapp, or others, back after a catastrophic accident in a year.  But my body wouldn't allow it, and I used all my luck in simply surviving.  I'm in amazing shape given my accident, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

External circumstances (will post about later :)  ) did not allow me to be in Hawaii for Kona this year, so I decided to do Chesapeakeman as "My Kona".  I'd rather support a local race, which my family can attend, to celebrate my recovery and progress from the accident.

Here you'll find more about me, my story, my training for Chesapeakeman.  I'm hoping a few companies will support me during my triathlon season, and getting my story out.

No comments:

Post a Comment